Monday, April 10, 2006

Europe Cycling Trip - March 2006

Hello all!

I have recently returned from my month in the saddle in Europe, and what an amazing trip it was!

Four weeks, 1700 miles, no injuries, no punctures, no crashes, no mechanicals, no sickness, fabulous weather, fabulous company, absolutely amazing riding! It was truly a trip of a lifetime and one I intend to replicate, perhaps in smaller chunks, many times in my life.

In a rare display of foresight I planned ahead for this trip and purchased a camera that would allow me to best document my on-bike adventures. With a little MacGyver-like ingenuity I devised a mount that stably held my ultra-compact Casio EX-S600 on my handlebars. I managed to take a lot of action video of the riding and thanks to the TriCATS have posted it here. There is a lot of good footage up there, but it is very large so you will need broadband to download it. Also, the video is in Windows Media Video (.WMV) format, so I believe you need Windows Media Player in order to play it, although I could be wrong about that.

I've posted on the TriCATS site a large amount of the footage that I took so that it is available to those who were there with me for portions of the trip. However it is likely that the majority of you don't have the time or interest to relive my monthlong vacation ride by ride and climb by climb, so I tried to filter out and list just the best photos and videos in the Highlights section of each week's update.

Both still photos and videos have been compressed for easier downloading, so contact me if you would like the full resolution versions of any files.

I hope you enjoy this trip report. I certainly enjoyed the trip! If you're ever considering heading to Majorca or the Catalan region of Spain please contact me as I can provide you with much helpful information.

Week 1 - Girona, Spain with Breakaway Bikes and BikeCat
Week 2 - Costa Brava, Spain with Eurocycler
Week 3 - Majorca, Spain
Week 4 - England and Tour of Flanders

Kyle Yost
March 3 - April 3, 2006

Jump to: Intro Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4

Comments:
I'm bloody pissed that I wasn't invited along on that bloody worthy holiday.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?